Monday, February 20, 2012

I'll miss you... New Orleans







You never know what will happen in New Orleans. From crying in a bathroom stall of a bar while telling a drag queen how beautiful she is, to catching beads thrown by Joshua Jackson (in the Pacey Witter era), to listening to Morgan Freeman sing while you eat the best fish and bread pudding you've eaten in your life.



Last weekend, thanks to an overbooked hotel in the midst of Mardi Gras season, I ended up in a luxury suite with a perfect view of St. Charles where my friend and I watched a parade from a new angle.


In the hotel across the street from ours, an elderly couple enjoyed the parade hand in hand... as a girl waltzed around in lingerie in the window above theirs for 45 minutes.


Even though we weren't dancing until 4 am with leftover fried chicken fingers in our purse (as has been known to happen) and waking up 4 hours later to dance with Ellen (as has also happened), it was still amazing to spend time with good friends. Two minutes of laughter that leaves you gasping for air and covered in snot that only happens with your best friends is worth every second of a five hour drive.


And the food. I could easily make a separate post entitled I'll miss you... boudin and grits. And praline bacon. And king cake. And bread pudding. And jambalaya. 








I'll miss you... archive:



5 comments:

  1. That pic of the people in the hotel across the street is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I totally am feeling you!!! I should make some cheesy grits for hubs for dinner but alas, no fried oyster poyboy in Grenada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to New Orleans but I have always wanted to go there to see the Mardi Gras and pig out, I heard the food there is ahhhhmazing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing trip! So lucky to do it with your bff's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great way to get together with the girls and have some fun! The difference between those two floors across the street is quite comical!
    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete