Saturday, February 18, 2012

gratuitous ike: i'm gonna get it

3 and a half years ago, we visited a puppy that had been left in a box outside of the animal shelter. It was love at first sight.



Would we have agreed to adopt him if we knew how much he shed? I suppose so.

If we knew he was going to destroy 2 couches? Sure.

If we knew he was going to bust our next door neighbor's lip by jumping up skull first in excitement? I guess so. 

If we knew I would have to replace pretty much my entire shoe collection? Yes. (That was fun.)

But if I had known about this, it might have been a deal breaker. If the shelter would have come right out and said that Ike would deal with the absence of his alpha male in this way, things would have been a lot different.

Because when Y leaves Ike and I alone together, Ike whines. And whines. And whines. And continues whining until he gets what he wants. And all Ike wants is for me to chase him and his bone in a circle around the coffee table over and over again. While informing him I'm going to get his bone.

This is the only thing that will make him stop crying.

I recorded it. Because it's kind of amusing... the first time. 






2 comments:

  1. How do you not fall over from the dizziness?! lol. Ike is adorable. He is obvs a big ball of love with his heart on his back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oye - 2 couches? That would be hard to not flip out about.
    That video was hysterical! I wonder why that's what will keep him from crying? You're a good parent for doing that ;)
    I just loved watching his tail wag the entire time and his heart on his back always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete