Tuesday, May 24, 2011

if the beatles wore gaucho pants

{image from Visit Abbey Road's hall of fame}


I can't believe I'm just now coming across the Abbey Road webcam. Standing on this corner 6 years ago, I shook my head and thought to myself that this had to be one of the most ridiculous spots on Earth. This was, of course, right before whoever was holding the camera [facing the wrong way] yelled "Go!" and I walked across the crosswalk [by myself].

{if I hadn't told you this was 6 years ago, could you have guessed the year by my awesome gaucho pants?}

If you watch the webcam during London daytime, you won't have to wait more than a minute or so before you see a group of people trying to recreate the famous picture. The tourists are constant. The traffic is constant. It's really very funny, and standing back and realizing I was right in the middle of such a uniquely odd place is one of my favorite traveling memories.

What's the strangest place you've visited? Have you ever crossed Abbey Road?

5 comments:

  1. I'm sad that gaucho pants are "out." I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really..Goucho pants are out? Time to clean out the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Vee - I miss my gaucho pants. I still have mine just in case they make a comeback!
    BTW, I awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. So click on over to accept it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaucho pants truly were amazing... you could wear them out, with heels, and then sleep in them. Totally walk of shame-proof.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I am a guy and even though I am not severely trained in fashion, who cares if gaucho pants are in or out? Who cares if there is a "comeback" of these? If you love wearing them, then proudly wear your gaucho pants (or any other fashion look). Don't care so much about what's in or out- just wear what makes you happy and what makes you YOU. Having said this, I love seeing gaucho pants because of their skirt-like appeal. They are like wearing two skirts- one on each leg.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete