Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A favorite quote. Or maybe just a quote. (WBThirty Day 6)



It's about time I discussed this theory with someone other than Y, because I'm almost positive he's just pity-agreeing with me.

If you've ever seen the movie Anchorman, you know that this quote -- about the effectiveness of Brian Fantana's cologne, Sex Panther -- is meant to be the epitome of his stupidity:

"60% of the time it works, every time."

But here's the thing - I get it. When I saw this movie for the first time, I laughed along with everyone else so they wouldn't think I was stupid. But it made total sense to me.

In my head, Brian Fantana is a scientist. He runs highly standardized Sex Panther trials. In one week, he'll use the cologne to attract the ladies exactly ten times. And every time he's tried this, it has worked six out of the ten times. See? 60%. Perfect sense.

Brian Fantana and I understand each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment