Thursday, October 7, 2010

blogging to you live from.... {wbthirty}


Maybe I'm alone in this, but I always think it's fun to see pictures of other people's desks. This may have something to do with my weird obsession with office supplies and desk organization (I could spend hours in The Container Store. True story.).

In case anyone else shares my voyeuristic nature, this is where I blog (And do homework. And eat breakfast. And straighten my hair. And show Ike Youtube videos of dogs barking):

{If not, here's the Ikeskidoodles video for your viewing pleasure.}


When I made my "new year's roshalution" to be more creative, I decided I needed to be surrounded by inspiration...in the form of word art. My original plan was to create a "wall of quotes" but I was a little too ambitious with that goal. What I ended up with was 5 framed quotes.


"To practice any art, no matter how well or how badly, is a way to make the soul grow. So do it." -Kurt Vonnegut


+ some more temporary quotes to the right of me.



"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." --Thomas Jefferson (Who knew he was so fashion forward?)


The big bulletin board (framed with something I found at a thrift store and spray painted) is a mish-mash of things that make me happy and some more inspiration: a map and postcards from Portland, OR; a vintage postcard of Tiger Stadium; a picture of my dad finishing a marathon; a picture of some of my best friends and I at my wedding; Saints cupcake flags.



It may sound crazy, but I think being surrounded by this stuff really has helped my productivity/creativity.

Where do you blog?

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love it!! Great job, D. And I like that we're "it's easy to follow" sisters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really great D!
    I blog at my awesome dining room table that's been used for dining probably 5 times in as many years.

    ReplyDelete