Thursday, October 14, 2010

day 8: a photo of me taken over 10 years ago



Oh, hello.



It's me, 1994 D. I know what you're thinking: I stole these glasses from Dwight Shrute. FALSE. It is 1994, Dwight Shrute has not been invented yet.

So what's it like in 2010? Do I have diabeetus from all these orange sodas I've been drinking? Are black jeans and over-sized cartoon character t-shirts back in yet? Has my neck been excavated from beneath my chins?

The reason I am posing for you, foot in hand, is because I'm currently attending a surprise party for myself, thrown by my elementary school friends -- many of whom I will never see again -- before I leave the great state of Texas once and for all. That's right. I'm wearing a Flintstones t-shirt to my going away party. Kill me now.

I hope I've influenced you, 2010 D. I hope that you not only have sworn off the orange soda, but that you will always remember life's golden rule: you never know when your picture might be taken. Dress accordingly.

3 comments:

  1. I love the advice to your younger self. If I had to tell myself something as a child, it would probably be 'stop cutting your own hair, it looks awful, and don't ask for another perm, that looks worse.' I do love the glasses you have on there - I had a very similar pair in 7th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!
    All you need now is a mustard short sleeve collared shirt!!!! LMAO!
    Awesome picture

    ReplyDelete