Wednesday, August 31, 2011

writing prompts: little d visits the cliffs of moher

If you couldn't tell from my little absence from this blog, I've had a slight case of writer's block. I was annoyed that every post I wrote was about med school and instead of, you know, writing posts about something else, I decided to abandon the blog altogether.

But I'm back.
And trying to tap into parts of my life other than riding shotgun (with my hair undone) on this ride we call med school. Don't worry, I will still gag you with tales of abscesses and discharge. Which has a nice ring to it.



Today though, I'm going to play along with a writing prompt link up at Mama's Losing It.
And this week's prompt enables me to channel my inner Suri Cruise: Write a post about a childhood memory as if you’re in that moment again…from the perspective of yourself as that child.

----

The Cliffs of Moher, Liscannor, Ireland


This smile? It's fake. I mean, look at my pants.

At this point in my life, I think I can safely say I hate buses. I've been on more buses than Ms. Frizzle (who I do not think exists yet, but if she did, she would adore my pants) and all of them have led to views like this one in middle of nowhere, Ireland. Which would be great and all if I wasn't FOUR.

You know what would make this view better? If I had a boyfriend - no - a husband to enjoy it with. We could hold hands, maybe sip some hot chocolate and talk about how we're going to remember this moment for the rest of our lives. He'll hold me up as the wind threatens to knock me over.

But for now, I'll take my stuffed Care Bear back- thank you for holding it, Mommy - and retreat back to the bus for another few hundred miles of sightseeing. Or in my case, charming the rest of our tour group with my undeniable cuteness and trying (unsuccessfully) not to barf. At least my pants are comfortable.

Mama’s Losin’ It

-----

PS:
The maxidress was a bad choice. Should have stuck with 80's pants.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love the two sets of pictures!
    And I apologize - I feel like my blog has been a pathetic excuse for a blog lately with too much medicine. I'm determined to change that this weekend :)
    Glad your baaaack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Sometimes we need a break to come back with flying colours. :) xx (visiting from Mama Kats)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mrs. frizzle would LOVE those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, I am dying! lol. Suri would be proud. But you already know that since you're the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww!! You went back with your man! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete