Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 12: My top blogs


Today I checked the number of blogs I follow in Google Reader, and it was not pretty. 212. Do you know how much time that amounts to that I spend reading blogs each day? Unfortunately Scholarly Ike is out of the office today and can't do that calculation for us. But just know that it's a lot.

My favorite blogs are either funny, or they share pictures of pretty things, be it food, clothing, photography, or stationery. It's like having a huge stack of magazines in front of me at all times. Except that I still subscribe to 6 magazines. There's something about coming home to Cameron Diaz's face in my mailbox that I can't get enough of.

So I present you with prettyfunny.
Pretty:

Annie's Eats: If you have ever complimented one of my cupcakes, just know I get all of my recipes from Annie (we're on first name basis) and everything I bake looks like Ike baked it when you look at her creations.

Funny:

Go Fug Yourself: The Fug Girls make me laugh out loud multiple times every day. They make fun of celebrity outfits in this smart, quick way that's like reading an episode of 30 Rock.

Hyperbole and a half: just read this. It has led to many an afternoon spent alone in my office, tears of silent laughter running down my face.

Pretty and Funny:

Kendi Everyday takes pictures of her outfits everyday. Yeah, you say, so does every other fashion blogger out there. Kendi is different. I will defend her like she's my own sister. Kendi, if you read this -- do you want be sisters?

I decided I should share the wealth and introduce my readers -- a lot of whom are new to blogs and only read this one because Y wanted an opinion on his bowtie -- to some of the pretty/funny things I come across on my internet travels. And not just today, this twelfth day of my 30-turned40plus-blog challenge. Every day! Or at least regularly. So stay tuned, you will see prettyfunny again.

No comments:

Post a Comment