Monday, June 21, 2010

There's Something about Cameron


For as long as we've had him, Ike has been scared of hats -- or, more specifically, anything that you try to put on his head while saying, "Hey Ike, want a hat?" Bowls, cups, baseball caps, knit caps, plastic bags -- he doesn't discriminate. We thought this was a pretty strange fear for a dog to have.


Then I brought home an exercise ball. Ike alternated between being afraid of it and swiping at it, until he eventually swiped a hole in it. Tilt your head to the left and prepare to be amused:





Hats and exercise balls are not even half of the weird things he's scared of. He's terrified of the mop, the broom, the vacuum cleaner, the trash can, and the big blue Ikea bags we take grocery shopping. When we took him to Dallas for our engagement pictures, he was scared of one very specific log.


Recently, I heard Ike bark his "frightened bark" from the other room. Afraid we had left a hat unattended, I rushed to help him. There, I found him cowering in fear of this:

Do you recognize that...that..
monster who dare scare our sweet little prince?

That's right - one Cameron Diaz, as seen on the cover of the July 2010
InStyle. I have to say I don't understand his beef with the charming, adorable, well dressed Ms. Diaz, although maybe he was just expressing his distaste for her string of boyfriends since Justin Timberlake. I can't say I blame you on that one, Ike. I mean, really, Cameron? Who hasn't dated A-Rod? Can't you be a leetle more original?

I digress. I haven't seen Ike so terrified since the Great Exercise Ball of 2009. I had to get a video.


Before I show you this video, though, I have to pause and tell you that
We're Just Dandy isn't always rainbows and puppies. A lot of hard work, sacrifice, and the proverbial blood, sweat, and tears goes in to putting together these blog posts. Keep that in mind as you watch the following video. The whole thing.




It has come to my attention that the ending of this video isn't as clear as I thought it was: I fell. Flat on my face.





**By the way, if your dog ever develops a hatred for a particular celebrity, and you think it may have to do with their ex/current boyfriends, but you're drawing a blank on who exactly those boyfriends are, and you're too lazy to type "cameron diaz relationship" into Google like I did, this site is calling your name. I had no idea there was an imdb of celebrity relationships! http://www.whosdatedwho.com/


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but you totally deserved to fall on your face for chasing your dog with something he's clearly afraid of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might be my favorite post ever. I love that you fell on your face...I mean, I hope you didn't get hurt. but I it was like the end of the Blair Witch Project the way the camera rolled around hahaha. also I immediately bookmarked that site. Whoa, loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good Diana, you discovered what makes that video humorous! I'd like to report that Ike is over it, suffering from no PTSD, and playing with him like that is the only way he gets over these fears of inanimate objects.

    He has since been able to enjoy the July 2010 InStyle with no issues, and with his new knowledge is able to LOOK CHIC AT AN AGE and have HIS BEST SUMMER EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! Cami shares similar fears...soda cans, remote controls, and the list goes on. Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell, but I have to admit - it was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - isn't that site useful?! And I love that I fell, too. So no offense taken.

    M - Does Pioneer Woman have a "dog & soda can" category that you can enter a picture in?! I'm dying to see Cami being scared of a soda can in one of your gorgeous pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete