Sunday, December 29, 2013
weekend lessons: holiday 2013
01. Apple cider + caramel vodka +whipped cream. The best drink.
02. A 40 degree day in December is like summer in Minneapolis. I walked Ike to the lake yesterday (without a jacket! I've adapted!) and the path was clogged with people. The hill was full of kids sledding. And on the lake, a group of about 20 people was having an organized snowball fight. It was like a freaking postcard.
03. It seems like every single time I'm bored at home and decide to watch TV, Garth Brooks is on TV in some capacity. I'm starting to think he's my fairy godfather or something.
04. If a genie popped up right now, I would wish to go back in time, take voice lessons, and end up in an a capella group. This is because I'm currently under the influence of binge watching the entire season of the Sing Off. I've even googled "how to beatbox". There was nothing. Google should stick to diagnosing medical problems and aiding in the search for porn, because it's not good at a capella training.
05. On Friday night, I went to a yoga sculpt class (like yoga, but with weights and loud music ranging from Britney to Bieber. So, not like yoga). This particular class had a surprise DJ and ended up being an impromptu dance party. My second wish (assuming that genie didn't laugh at my last wish and disappear back into his lamp to find normal people who wished for money or world peace) would be that everyday included an impromptu dance party.
06. Ike might be just a tad too big to sit on our laps.
07. I've never been a fan of Express, but haven't really been able to explain why. For some reason, I felt compelled to go in the other day and ended up buying a few basic tank tops with built in bras. There are holes in the sides of the tank top in case I feel like stuffing my built in bra.
And that pretty much sums up the vaguely trashy vibe I get from Express.