Monday, June 18, 2012

intoxicated



I heard this quote at my brother-in-law and his girlfriend's graduation, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I would argue, however, that the fumes of hardwood floor stain and paint in varying shades of grey are even more intoxicating. So intoxicating that I've started seeing things; in my hallucinations Targets are backwards, TJ Maxx carries runway brands, and everyone sounds like Sarah Palin. 


Since I don't believe in blogging under the influence, I hope you understand my little hiatus. I'm slowly figuring out a routine, and I'll be back here sharing my adventures as a resident's wife (and a lost Southerner in the midwest) as soon as I do. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha - maybe your paint and stain will kill off enough brain cells that you'll start thinking the backwards Target layout is normal!

    But seriously. There are 3 Targets in reasonable distance from my house with 3 different layouts, so I should think in the mecca of Target you would be able to find one nearby that feels like home. (Can't help you with the Sarah Palin accents though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo kinda sounds like what I'm experiencing right now. Although I'm feeling more displaced than intoxicated.

    ReplyDelete