Sunday, July 8, 2012

ike's struggles

A lot of people have asked me how Ike is adapting to our move. In fact, more people have asked me about Ike than have asked me how Y is adapting to having a real life job where he works 14.5 hour days and is partially responsible for people's lives.


But I digress. Back to the interesting member of my family.

Ike's biggest challenge has been finding that perfect spot on our new couch. Please keep him in your thoughts as he continues on his journey. 





The other thing Ike's been getting used to is a smaller yard. The other day he ran into our fence while chasing a ball. I'll admit, I teared up when he yelped in pain as his snout scraped the wood.





I'll also admit that I laugh every.single.time the cut on his snout causes him to sneeze eight times in a row.


7 comments:

  1. Must. Meet. Ike. And hang out with you again too of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got a hand-me-down couch with no back cushions, just pillows....watching the dog try to perch like she did before is hilarious/the saddest thing ever. Christian found her stuck behind the pillow one afternoon just laying there wondering what to do. We'll be more conscientious of her needs for the next couch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he'll find his favorite position soon and his poor nose! Poor guy :( We're haven't the opposite problem, Miley's never had a yard so now she's scared to be out there herself. Terrible, I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww!! Poor Miley. I don't know what I would do if Ike was scared of new places - when I'm going down to the basement, I make him to go down in front of me...just in case.

      Delete
    2. PS Can you tell how well keeping Ike off the couch worked?

      Delete
    3. haha if it makes you feel any better I wish Miley could just sneak on the couch for a quick cuddle every once in a while. It's hard having her stay on the floor - makes me feel bad! So no judgement here, if it were up to me she would probably still be getting on the couch!

      Delete
  4. I love your blog. Maybe it was Chris' viewing of "Serial Killer Earth" on The History Channel 2 that was making me feel blah and stressed or maybe it was just the overwhelming feeling of needing to be productive and not wanting to be, but your blog always makes me laugh out loud. I like Ike!

    ReplyDelete