Tuesday, May 6, 2014

making friends in Akko, Israel



"WHY YOU MAKE PICTURE?"

A really hostile question from a man pushing a cart full of candy, the happiest thing in the world, right?

The photo above doesn't do it justice, but the candy on the cart was bright and colorful and stood out among the dingy cars and desert tones that make up the city of Akko. So I took a picture, which I guess was absolutely the wrong choice.

"It's beautiful," answered Y, gesturing at the candy. Leave it to Y to smooth things over with this stranger. He's good at that stuff. 

And sure enough, the guy totally understood.

"FUCK YOU," he yelled. 

---



As a side note, the same kind of candy was waiting for us in our hotel room when we checked in. I took a picture of it. It didn't yell at me. 

2 comments:

  1. I hate when you're abroad and you misjudge whether it's okay to take a photo! It's always so embarrassing to be yelled at in public when you're not a local. (I mean, embarrassing wherever, but extra embarrassing in not your native country!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I just laughed out loud so hard.

    ReplyDelete