Sunday, April 27, 2014

chillax: a travel playlist



Today I got out of bed less than six times: bathroom breaks, lunch, and feeding the dog. The rest of the time was spent with the 2014 version of a stack of magazines (a full blog reader), cups of tea, and a playlist I titled Chillax (because that's what all the cool kids are saying these days, right?). This playlist also happens to be the playlist I listened to on the flights to and from Israel, to keep me from thinking about all of the horrific things I tend to think about while flying. 

Chillax is heavy on Ellie Goulding's first album, which secured its place as my go-to plane music in 2011, and lately I've added songs from super mellow The XX, a few Spotify Radio discoveries, new-to-me recent favorite Emma Louise, and the song from Her --  which I once listened to at my desk for 3 hours straight 

The playlist lived up to its name; more than 25 hours of flying and I didn't think about the opening scene of Final Destination a single time -- a huge victory for me. (Why do movies like that even exist?!) And today, it was the perfect soundtrack to being the laziest person on the planet and listening to thunder and rainstorms through my open window. 




1 comment:

  1. A full blog reader truly is the 2014 version of a stack of magazines. You nailed it.

    Top notch playlist, my friend,

    ReplyDelete